Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Put one foot in front of the other..."

It's taken a little while, but I'm back on track with Weight Watchers. I lost the three pounds I had gained two weeks ago and then another three pounds, bringing my total weight loss so far up to 18 pounds in 9 weeks, or 2 pounds a week. I am satisfied with that. I wish I hadn't lost time with my "experimentation" with points, but I've still lost weight and am feeling a lot better about myself now, so it's still a win.

It helps that I'm working now. I'm a school photographer, meaning I'm on my feet for close to eight hours a day. I haven't worked out in two weeks because my feet are always killing me when I get home from work, but that's still a ton more movement than I'm used to, so it's still a positive thing. I'm also frequently carrying and setting up heavy equipment, so I'd get some APs just from that. It takes 30-60 minutes to set up the camera equipment, and about that same amount to take it back down at the end of the day. That's about 3 APs a day just from the first and last part of the day, not including the walking back and forth taking pictures, posing children, and keeping the lines moving smoothly.

I need to work on eating better, though. Dad's been making some pretty points-heavy meals for dinner since I started working (since I'm not there to help plan), and I'm generally so hungry by the end of the day that I eat too much of it. I've bought some of those 100-calorie packs that are about 3 points each, but they're not quite enough. I've written out some WW-friendly meals, so hopefully those will be made from dinner more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment